In making provision for pupils with SEN, our aims and objectives are:
- to create a learning environment that meets the special educational needs of each child;
- to ensure that the special educational needs of children are identified, assessed and provided for from the earliest possible age;
- to ensure that all partners in the process of meeting a child’s individual needs understand and fulfil their responsibilities;
- to ensure, in particular, that all school staff understand and fulfil their roles and responsibilities in providing for children's special educational needs;
- to have the highest expectations of the progress in learning which can be achieved by all individual pupils, regardless of their individual needs;
- to enable all children, including those with SEN, to have full access to all elements of the school curriculum, and to maximise their learning and achievement;
- to ensure that parents or carers are able to play their part in supporting their child's education;
- to ensure that our children have a voice in deciding how their individual needs might best be met;
- to ensure that all necessary resources are made available to meet pupils’ individual needs.
Lawnside Academy's SEND Co-ordinator is Mrs. Hanmer. She can be contacted via the school office on either 01767 312313 or LSAfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the files below to read Lawnside's SEN Policy and SEN information Report.