PSHCE & Values
We believe that education in PSHE and citizenship enables children to become healthier, more independent and more responsible members of society. We encourage our pupils to play a positive role in contributing to the life of the school and the wider community. In so doing, we help to develop their sense of self-worth. We teach them how society is organised and governed. We ensure that the children experience the process of democracy through participation in the school council. We teach children about their rights and about their responsibilities. They learn to appreciate what it means to be a positive member of a diverse and multi-cultural society.
Our objectives in the teaching of PSHE and citizenship are to:
- know and understand what is meant by a healthy lifestyle;
- be aware of safety issues;
- understand what makes for good relationships with others;
- have respect for other people and show sensitivity towards others;
- be thoughtful and responsible members of their community and their school;
- become active members of our democratic society;
- develop self-confidence and self-esteem;
- make informed choices regarding personal and social issues;
- develop good relationships with other members of the community.