The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) extends from birth to the end of Reception and the beginning of Key Stage 1.
Our curriculum for the last year of the EYFS aims to:
- underpin all future learning;
- promote and develop personal, social and emotional well-being;
- ensure that our children have positive attitudes and dispositions towards learning;
- develop good social skills;
- enable children to learn skills of attention, concentration and persistence;
- place language and communication at the heart of learning;
- lay the foundation for fully proficient reading and writing;
- develop early mathematical skills and concepts;
- enable age-appropriate knowledge and understanding of the world in which children live;
- promote healthy physical development;
- enable children to be creative in their responses to their world and in their development of skills.